classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Week Commencing 12th March 2023

Diana
Isaiah 5: 8-23 (MSG)

You who call Evil Good and Good Evil. Doom to you who buy up all the houses and grab all the land for yourselves — Evicting the old owners, posting NOTRESPASSING signs, Taking over the country, leaving
everyone homeless and landless. I overheard GOD-of-the-Angel-Armies say: Those mighty houses will end up empty. Those extravagant estates will be deserted. A ten-acre vineyard will produce a pint of wine, a fifty-pound sack of seed, a quart of grain. Doom to you who use lies to sell evil, who haul sin to market by the truckload, Who say, “What’s God waiting for? Let him get a move on so we can see it.
Whatever The Holy of Israel has cooked up, we’d like to check it out. 20 Doom to you who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness in place of light and light in place of darkness, who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter! Doom to you who think you’re so smart, who hold such a high opinion of yourselves! All you’re good at is drinking—champion boozers who collect trophies from drinking bouts and then line your pockets with bribes from the guilty while you violate the rights of the innocent.

As Christians how do we challenge so much that is wrong at times in our country when our leadership is exposed as believing don’t do as I do, do as I say, and how do we bring truth to people around the world that are governed by totally corrupt self-serving leaders in their dystopian 1984 world? 

Listen to Ron's short blog based on this passage that answers those questions here:- WhatsApp_Audio_2023-03-09_at_08.mp4